For 79th District State Representative
It’s time! Someone who can get things DONE!
Republican. FIGHTER for CRIMINAL REFORM.
About Jon Larson
- Trial lawyer, in practice for 47 years (since 1973), practicing in the areas of criminal law and traffic defense.
- Elected Fayette County Judge Executive, 2011 – 2014; defeated a 30-year incumbent.
- As Judge Executive, became knowledgeable as a Transportation Planner, working as a member of the Metropolitan Planning Organization (Fayette and Jessamine Counties), for the I-75/Nicholasville Bypass Connector Committee, and of the Bluegrass Area Administrative District (Member, Tourism and Environmental Committees) and as a member of the Kentucky Association of Counties.
- Initiator of and Mentor in the Fayette County Veterans’ Treatment Court, created in 2013 thru the Administrative Office of the Courts.
- First full-time Fayette County Public Defender, 1975-1984.
- United States Army veteran, 1968 – 1974.
- Advocate for smaller, more efficient government, reduced numbers in jail and prison, shorter prison sentences, more drug and alcohol rehab, regional governmental planning, comprehensive immigration reform and civil rights.
- J.D. and B.A. University of Kentucky (1973, 1966)
- M.B.A. George Washington University (1971) in International Business
- Veteran, U.S. Army, field artillery office. Active service overseas in Korea during Vietnam war.
- Fayette County Judge Executive (first Republican elected, countywide since merger)
- Regional/Transportation planner – working with MPC, Bluegrass Tomorrow, Bluegrass ADD and other organizations
- Community Active: Human Rights Commission (former chair when Fairness Ordinance passed by Council)
- Environmental Commission (helped save McConnell Springs from landfill)
- Advocate for Hispanic immigrants, homeless and handicapped
- History and Veterans (initiated Veterans Treatment Court here) speaker
- Sports coach (for youth and for World Championship Women’s softball team)
- Senior Olympian at age 74
- Kentucky NAMI
- Civil War Roundtable
- Lexington Rotary
- Married to Sari (realtor)
- Raised Sara Flanner (29) as single parent, now helping to raise her two bi-racial children